Tuition Payment Information
Electronic bills (eBills) have replaced all paper bills for Penn State students. An e-mail will be sent to your University e-mail account (webmail.psu.edu ) announcing that the eBill is available to view and/or pay via eLion. Tuition bills will not be mailed.
Ways to pay
- eCheck: Electronic payment via eCheck is available on eLion. The eCheck option is a fast and convenient method to pay eBills directly from a personal checking account. There is no charge to pay by eCheck.
- Credit Card: Payment may also be made using MasterCard, Discover, or American Express via eLion. There is a 2.5% convenience fee for each payment made by credit card on the Web. We cannot accept credit cards via mail, phone, or in person.
- Check, Money Order, or Certified Check: Penn State Great Valley students can also pay by bringing a check, money order, or certified check to the Finance Office or mailing it to Penn State Great Valley, 30 E. Swedesford Road, Malvern, PA 19355, Attn: Finance Office.
- Third Party Payment: Payment of your tuition and fees may be made by a third party - your employer, for example. If your employer is willing to make payment directly to the University, an Authorization to Bill must be submitted to the Great Valley Bursar Office each and every time courses are scheduled. The Authorization to Bill form, which permits the university to invoice your employer, must be on company letterhead and state the following: student name, semester, payment amount and company address. The form may be faxed directly to the GV Bursar Office at (610)725-5381 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions concerning third party billing, you may call the office at (610)648-3238.
Tuition payment completes the registration process.
Tuition bills are prepared after you activate your Penn State Access Account and schedule courses.
Tuition is due by the date on the eBill. If payment of tuition and fees or confirmation of registration is not completed by the due date, a $50 late fee will be applied to your account monthly. There is a $25 penalty for returned checks or non-authorized credit card transactions.
If you are expecting a refund, the quickest delivery option is to enroll in Penn State's Rapid Refund Program by using eLion.
- Select Students, then
- Enter your User ID and Access Account password.
- From the menu on the left side of the screen, select Refund Information.