The MBA at Penn State Great Valley
Penn State’s MBA program offered by the School of Graduate Professional Studies at the Great Valley campus prepares tomorrow’s leaders in strategic thinking, problem solving, effective communication, innovation, and ethical leadership. The MBA program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, designed for professionals, and the only part-time Penn State MBA in the Philadelphia area.
In addition to offering the MBA at Great Valley, the MBA program is also offered at the Berks Campus near Reading, PA.
The curriculum is designed to equip professionals with the intellectual and practical tools to run organizations, articulate a vision, and motivate colleagues and employees. Learn about the MBA at Penn State Great Valley.
Course work integrates key areas of business, including finance, accounting, marketing, information systems, organizational behavior, leadership, international business, and human resources. Designed specifically for working adults who want to complete a degree on a part-time basis without career interruption, courses are led by premier faculty who combine their research with business enterprise expertise to give students a valuable and innovative classroom experience. Our applications-oriented program explores real-world issues through case studies, projects, simulations, and guest lecturers who are leaders in business and industry.
The MBA faculty represents a mix of academic scholars and business professionals. Our renowned full-time faculty members all hold doctoral degrees and have professional experience in corporations, government, nonprofits, or as entrepreneurs. A select cadre of adjunct professors from corporate and entrepreneurial ventures supplement fundamental management theories with current marketplace experience.
The program requires completion of 45 credits. Students may receive an exemption for up to 15 credits of foundation course work, as well as the pre-program requirement, based on previous undergraduate or graduate course work. MBA Curriculum
Three open electives enable students to customize their program to meet their particular career interests. Electives can be used to explore different content areas; build expertise for an informal concentration; or earn a Graduate Certificate. Electives list
Courses are offered in 7-week sessions. Classes meet two evenings a week in a face-to-face format or in a blended format with an online component, giving students added convenience and flexibility. There are six 7-week sessions each academic year. Students may begin at the start of any session and can expect to complete their degree in 2-3 years going part-time, or 12-18 months if going full-time. MBA Course Descriptions and Schedule
Features and Benefits
Penn State Great Valley offers you:
- A Penn State degree, with a reputation for excellence recognized worldwide
- A professional school exclusively designed for working adults
- A unique graduate experience, combining the intimacy of a small campus setting with the power of a great research university
- Flexible scheduling, including evening, weekend, and online classes
- Course work that offers a mix of theory with practice, so students can begin to apply what they learn in the classrooom immediately to their workplace.
- An enhanced curriculum, designed to help you customize your education to meet your professional goals.
- Year-round enrollment at Great Valley, allowing students to begin almost anytime during the year
- A unique faculty that combines impressive credentials, research, and industry experience
- Networking opportunities with professional colleagues, esteemed faculty, and the largest alumni association in the world
- A supportive staff, dedicated to the needs of busy adults, available when you need them
- Full array of student services, including financial aid counseling, research library, career management support, and on-site bookstore
- Competitive tuition
- The program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). What does being accredited mean to professionals? It means attending a business school in the top 5 percent worldwide. Employers want graduates who have learned from the best and have knowledge and skills needed in their organizations.
It's All About Your Career. Are You Ready?
Through this MBA program, Penn State Great Valley can help you prepare for new career opportunities that an economic upturn can bring.
We invite you to contact us for more information. Our enrollment advisers would be pleased to talk with you about the program and how it can help you advance your career.
- Schedule a personal appointment at a time convenient for you.
- Or, join us at a small group information session where you can talk with faculty, staff, and other professionals.
- Call us at 610-648-3248 or email us at email@example.com - we are here to support your educational goals.
- International students: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-648-3315.
For more information on other business programs, click here.