Steps for Penn State Great Valley Students with the Post/9-11 GI Bill Benefit

1. Request enrollment verification each semester. After you have signed up for courses each semester, submit a Penn State Great Valley Enrollment Verification Request Form for the semester courses that you would like your GI Bill benefit to cover. 

  • It’is important to report the entire semester (both 7-week sessions) at the beginning of the 14-week semester in order to ensure compensation.
  • Submit the Enrollment Verification Request Form four weeks prior to the beginning of each semester.
  • Directions for submission are at the bottom of the form.  
  • No veteran education benefit can be processed without this written request.

2. Monitor your bursar account on eLion and ensure that your VA benefit is applied to your bill each semester. Once your Enrollment Verification Request Form is submitted, checkh to guarantee that your VA benefit has been attributed to your account. VA payment notation on your student bill may read V3300, V3380, V3370, V3360 or V33YR.

3. Complete your registration on eLion each semester. When your VA payment shows in your bursar account on eLion, you must complete your registration for the semester.    

4. Keep the PSGV Office of Student Aid informed of changes in your enrollment status (change of classes or programs), which occur after you have submitted your semester Enrollment Verification Request Form. Changes may affect your semester benefit.

Reminder: The registration process at Penn State is a two-step process:

1. Students select the courses they wish to take (this reserves a place in a class)
2. Students complete their registration by paying for their courses on the Bills page on eLion.  Choose to either:

  • Use a method listed on the bills page (check, credit card, deferral, etc.), or
  • Verify that payment from a pre-arranged outside resource (like a loan or a VA benefit) has been attributed to your account.  

Completing registration is important: students do not receive credit or grades for courses with incomplete registrations. Complete your registration each semester before the first day of the semester.

For more information on completing your registration, click here.

Veterans are also eligible to apply for federal graduate student loans. Information on federal student loans is available at or or  

If you have questions or concerns about your Veteran’s Education Benefit, please contact a school certifying official at or 610-648-3311.