Montgomery GI Bill
Steps for Penn State Great Valley students receiving the Montgomery GI Bill Benefit
1. Request enrollment verification each semester. After you have signed up for courses each semester, submit a Penn State Great Valley Enrollment Verification Request Form for all the courses in the upcoming semester that you would like your GI Bill benefit to cover.
- It’s important to report the entire semester (both 7-week sessions) at the beginning of the 14-week semester in order to ensure compensation.
- Submit the enrollment verification request four weeks before the beginning of each semester.
- Directions for submission are at the bottom of the form.
- No veteran education benefit can be processed without this written request.
2. Wait for your benefit payment to arrive. Once your Enrollment Verification Request Form is submitted, a payment will be sent to your home address.
3. Pay your semester bill and complete your registration. Once you receive the VA benefits, use the funds to pay your semester balance. Your payment will complete your registration.
4. Verify your enrollment on WAVE. If you are a Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 benefit recipient, you must go onto the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) website at www.gibill.va.gov to verify your enrollment monthly. If internet is not available, you can also verify your enrollment monthly by phone at 1‐877‐838‐2778. This must be done at the end of every month to receive the previous month’s attendance/benefit.
5. Keep the PSGV Office of Student Aid informed of changes in your enrollment status (add/drop, withdrawal, etc.) that occur after you have submitted your semester Enrollment Verification Request Form. Changes can affect your semester benefit.
Reminder: The registration process at Penn State is a two-step process:
1. Students select the courses they wish to take (this reserves a place in a class)
2. Students pay for their courses by “completing their registration” on the Bills section on eLion:
- Use a method listed on the bills page (check, credit card, deferral, etc), or
- Verify that payment from a pre-arranged outside resource (like a loan or a VA benefit) has been attributed to your account.
Completing your registration each semester is important: Students do not receive credit or grades for courses with incomplete registrations. Complete your registration each semester before the first day of classes. For more information, ckick here.
Veterans are also eligible to apply for federal graduate student loans. Information on federal student loans is available at http://studentloans.gov or www.sgps.psu.edu or www.psu.edu/studentaid.
If you have questions or concerns about your Veteran’s Education Benefit, contact the Penn State Great Valley School's certifying official at email@example.com or 610-648-3311.