Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
Check back for future offering
“ Since receiving the credential I have experienced greater success when dealing with our business leadership...now I know the right questions to ask them in order to get the best results."
Paul Nedeau, CPLP - Sales Training Manager, Cardinal Health.
About the CPLP® Course: A Course for Training and Design Professionals
ASTD-approved Test Prep Course (BUSAD 5576)
The Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP®) course is broad-based and addresses nine areas of expertise as defined by the ASTD Competency Model: designing learning, delivering training, improving human performance, measuring and evaluating learning, facilitating organizational change, managing the learning function, coaching, managing organizational knowledge, and career planning and talent management. The CPLP course is a test-preparation course for the CPLP designation by the American Society of Training and Development.
The ASTD Certification Institute built the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP®) credential to provide a way for workplace learning and performance professionals to prove their value to employers and to be confident about their knowledge of the field.
Who can benefit from the CPLP® course?
- Workplace Learning Professionals (WLP) and related professionals seeking to deepen their knowledge base and skills
- Experienced professionals and managers who are new to the WLP field
- Mid-level managers who would like to prepare themselves for a career change into the WLP profession
- CPLP® credentialed individuals seeking recertification credits
- WLP professionals with a minimum of three years related work experience who seek the credential after successful exam completion; The CPLP® competency testing process requires candidates to pass both a knowledge exam and a work product assessment. The knowledge exam has 150 multiple choice questions covering nine areas. The work product assessment requires a sample of recent project work and essay responses. The work product must pertain to one of the following areas: Designing Learning, Delivering Training, Improving Human Performance, Measuring and Evaluating, Facilitating Organizational Change and Managing the Learning Function.
- The CPLP® course is ideal for individuals who prefer to learn in an interactive environment with other committed professionals, and need a structured, collaborative process for preparing for the certification exam and work product requirements.
" As a CPLP designee, the value I provide to my employer is the breadth and depth of workplace learning and performance knowledge that I bring to the table. My employer knows that he has one of the best of the best in the field."
Debb Hibbs, CPLP, Consultant, Strategic Impacts
CPLP® BUSAD 5576 is a 24-hour course