Reporting Act 48 Credit
Directions to Report ACT 48 Credit for Educator Workshops or Graduate Course Work to Penn State University (PSU) and the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
|Sign in is required for all Act 48 workshops. This is Penn State University's OFFICIAL documentation of your attendance, and initiates your email confirmation of attendance. If you do not sign in, you will NOT be counted in attendance. In 4-5 weeks after the workshop, you will receive an email confirmation of your attendance; whereby you will be able to self-report your Act 48 hours.
To report credit courses to the PDE:
- Go to http://www.registrar.psu.edu/.
- Under “Related Information”, click: Act 48 - Report Course Work.
- Click Current Student if you have a current Penn State Access Account (if you do not have an Access Account, click here).
- Use your Access Account or eAccount and password to log on.
- Click Request Act 48 Reporting link.
- You will see all of the eligible credit courses and/or any approved non-credit programs.
- Select the course/s and/or program/s you want reported to PDE (only one course can be selected at a time).
- Click Submit and the record will be reported to PDE.
- To confirm the record was reported at the PDE Act 48 record site, go to: https://www.perms.ed.state.pa.us/.
- It may take up to 15 days after submission to PSU before the reported information is confirmed at PDE.
If you do not have a computer access account, follow these instructions to create one.
- Click Former Student to create an eAccount.
- Under the Penn State eAccount, click Create Account.
- Complete the registration form and click Complete Registration to submit.
- Proceed to step 4 above.
Check out our programs, courses and workshops for Act 48 credit at Penn State Great Valley.