The Henry Gallery at Penn State Great Valley
The Henry Gallery strives to be a cultural asset for Penn State Great Valley and the local community. The Henry Gallery’s exhibition program focuses on group shows of local and regional arts and artists and the community organizations that support and encourage their work.
The gallery opened in 2010 and is named for Joseph and Marilyn Henry who made a major gift to expand its facilities, art acquisitions, and programs in January 2013.
Capturing the Beauty of the Springs: 100 years of Celebrating the Inspiration that is Historic Yellow Springs
April 11 – May 25, 2016
2016 marks the start of the 100-year anniversary of artists working and living in the village of Historic Yellow Springs in Chester County. The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) purchased the village in the spring of 1916. To mark this anniversary, Penn State Great Valley is hosting an exhibit featuring photographs from the Historic Yellow Springs archives, artwork from PAFA Country School artists as well as contemporary paintings and photographs of the beautiful village today.
Art and Craft of Camphill Village Kimberton Hills-- Works by the Village Residents
June 8 – August 3, 2016
Mosaic, Paintings, Ceramics and Fiber Arts in this show are made in the various creative workshops and homes at Camphill Village Kimberton Hills. For some residents crafts are seen as a vocation, while others simply create art in their spare time. Some of these pieces are a collaborative effort, for example, between the mosaic studio and the pottery studio, where a craftsperson needs to use multiple skills in order to complete one mosaic. The creative arts are an avenue for self-expression and for building self-esteem, and we hope this show encourages others to take up pencil, paper, paintbrush, clay, fibers, tiles, or other media in a meaningful way to imagine and create a more peaceful world.