The master of science in information science (MSIS) is a well-rounded computing and IT degree, which addresses the multi-faceted challenges IT professionals face every day, from analyzing data to developing web applications and managing IT staff and projects.
The program offers a balance of information systems and management theories. During your course of study, you’ll be involved in:
- Network design
- Database development
- Web applications
- User interface design
- Enterprise solution design
- Forensic analysis of cyber-attacks
Your fellow students come from a wide range of professional backgrounds and usually have undergraduate degrees in IST, MIS, business, or liberal arts. Most are already employed in the IT field at corporations including Vanguard, Comcast, QVC, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, PJM Interconnection, Certainteed, and SAP America.
During your program, you’ll take evening courses in 7- and 14-week formats. You can expect to complete your degree in 2 – 3 years. The MSIS degree consists of 33 credits (11 courses). A 3-credit capstone course brings together the theoretical and practical experience you’ve gained in a seminar format.
Our graduates in MSIS have advanced in their careers to become managers of IT departments, technical consultants, business analysts, and project managers.
To learn more about the MSIS degree or for a personal appointment, call 610-648-3243 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT read the Graduate School requirements, please visit that website at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/prospective-students/requirements/.
- If you have read the Graduate School and program requirements and are ready to apply, you may proceed to the application at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/apply/. Under major sought, enter Information Science; under degree sought, enter M S.
- Upload to the online application:
- Submit non-refundable application fee, payable by credit card online or by check or money order payable to The Pennsylvania State University
- Submit two official transcripts from undergraduate institution. Transcripts should be sent directly from each college or university you have attended to the Penn State Great Valley Admissions Office, Attention: Associate Director of Enrollment Management, 30 E. Swedesford Rd, Malvern, PA 19355. Your admission will be reviewed after your application portfolio is complete. For admissions questions, contact our Enrollment Services Specialist at email@example.com or 610-648-3320.